Thursday 5 June 2014

Toy Car Earrings

These earrings were inspired by another super cool tutorial made of my older brother's old toys, the Lego Man Earrings.  I was always obsessed with these little cars when I was younger. Now, whenever I wear these, I pretend that there are little people inside that are crying with gratitude that my lobes have saved their car from falling into an eternal abyss.



You Will Need: 

This is yet another post true to our blog title.
  • 2 small toy cars. Mine are roughly 3.5 cm by 1.5 cm. Just keep in mind the weight and bulkiness when selecting them. Mine are two different colours, which adds a nice variety in my opinion. The other one is dark blue, so they still look like a pair. 
  • Super glue

Method

 Super  glue the basic studs onto the bottom of the cars. Make sure the glue is completely dry before you try them on.

Rating:

Effort Required: 1/10

The hardest part is finding the cars. Feel free to make these with your eyes closed. (That was a joke. Super glue should always be watched. That stuff is sneaky)

Durability: 8/10

The durability depends on the strength of the glue, but these are really sturdy. 

Cool Factor: 8/10

These are some of my favorite earrings ever. Easy to match with, small enough to not get in the way, but at the same time noticeable and easily recognizable. People seem to love them as much as I do, too. They're so simple to make and so effective. You really don't have an excuse not to be wearing these right now. 

If you want to congratulate us on our 20th post or if you have any questions, party invitations, comments, challenges or suggestions please feel free to make contact with the nifty little comment box below. Also, if you want to keep up to date on our latest posts, follow my earring board on Pinterest.


No comments:

Post a Comment